Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great Portuguese appetizer. It also can accompany grilled meat or fish very nicely.
Make and share this Tomates Recheados (Portuguese Deviled Tomatoes) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes and carefully carve them out.
- Salt and pepper the inside, then turn over and let drip.
- Meanwhile, combine beaten eggs, bread crumbs, garlic and parsley.
- Place tomatoes in a greased oven proof dish and fill with egg-breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 390 F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was delicious. I had dinner alone last evening and the tomato dish really hit the spot. What I had was the tiny Sunburst tomatoes (red and yellow) all ripe, plump and yummy. Being so small I couldn't clean the centers completely but I don't think the recipe suffered from it any. I added a bit of crumbled veggie sausage to round out the nutrition profile and taste as this was my whole meal. Used as a side you certainly wouldn't need to add any kind of protein, it's very tasty on it's own.