Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Learned this one from friends of friends in the southwest of France: May, 2008
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 4 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Halve tomatoes and place in shallow casserole dish.
- Divide toppings and sprinkle over tomatoes, saving oil and parmesan cheese until last.
- Cover and bake 15-20 min or until tomatoes are softened.
Delicious and beautiful! I loved all the fresh herbs in this, it smelled great while preparing and baking. Great side dish, thanks!!