Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Modified recipe from Eating Well (January/February 2008).
- 29.58 ml lemongrass (minced)
- 29.58 ml ginger (minced)
- 1419.54 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 jalapenos (seeded and sliced)
- 3 limes (zest of ~ save juice, see below)
- 354.88 ml fresh pineapple (chopped)
- 236.59 ml mushroom (sliced)
- 1 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 453.59 g raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, 26-30 per pound)
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Place lemongrass and minced ginger in a large saucepan with broth, jalapeños and lime zest. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Strain into a bowl. Discard solids.
- Return the broth to the pan. Add pineapple, mushrooms, tomato, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until they are pink and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice, scallions, and cilantro.