Recipe by GingerlyJ
This is one of my favorite spicy Thai Dishes.. it really warms your belly going down. you can get the ingriendents at asian specialty stores
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 12 -14 medium shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 -2 small red chile, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk 1/3 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour stock into a deep cooking pot and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add processed lemongrass to the pot, including the parts of the lemongrass stalk you didn't slice. Boil for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- .Add garlic, chili, lime leaves, and mushrooms to broth. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- .Add shrimp, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes (if using). Cook 5-6 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and plump.
- Turn down the heat to low and add 1/2 can coconut milk plus fish sauce. Test-test the soup for spice and salt, adding more chili and/or fish sauce (instead of salt) as desired. If too sour for your taste, add 1 teaspoons brown sugar; if too salty, add a squeeze of lime juice. Add more coconut milk if you want your soup richer/creamier, or if it's too spicy for your taste.
- .Serve in bowls with fresh coriander sprinkled over. Enjoy!