Recipe by Air Force Mama
Adapted from Closet Cooking
Top Review by rpgaymer
Pretty Tasty! It didn't really remind me of anything Tom Yum though... when I think of Tom Yum dishes, I usually expect an intense spiciness and tartness. This Tom Yum marinade was much milder and sweeter. I still liked it though, and it paired nicely with the coconut-mango rice I made. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (peeled and chopped, or lemon zest or myrtle leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (grated or sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lemon grass, garlic, galangal, chili, cilantro, lime juice and zest, green onions, shrimp paste, fish sauce, oil and palm sugar in a foor processor and process.
- Marinate the shrimp in the paste for at least 10 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp.
- Grill until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Shrimp can be sauteed in oil if not grilled.