Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tom yum is one of the most favorite dishes in thailand. There are 2 kinds of Tom Yum: Clear soup and with milk for the smoother taste. This is a Thai recipe and it might be too spicy for most people, you may reduce the spices or lime juice for lighter taste.
- Clean and devein the shrimps. Pound lemon grass lightly and cut diagonally for 2 inches long. Tear the center part of kaffir lime leaves. Wedge mushrooms into quarters. Coarsely cut the coriander leaves.
- Bring water to boil over medium high heat. Add salt, lemon grass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes or until fragranced. Then add shrimps and quickly lower the heat to low otherwise shrimps will shrink down the size. After the shrimps is cooked turn off the heat.
- In a serving bowl, combine fish sauce, pounded chili and lime juice. Pour the soup into the bowl and taste. Topped with coriander leaves. Serve while hot.
- *****For thai cooking all ingredients are not to be exact. You may reduce down the spices.
- *****You may add roasted chili pasted right after you add mushrooms into a soup and bring the soup to boil, and follow every steps until you pour the soup into a bowl then topped with milk and stir well. Then top with coriander leaves for garnish.