K & c's Note:
Nice, flavorful Thai soup. Easy to make and very tasty. Got the recipe from a Vegetarian magazine. I'm not a Vegetarian, but I love this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large lemongrass, stalks (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 3 thai dried kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons roasted chili paste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white mushrooms or 1 1/2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 -3 small hot green chili pepper (seeded and halved)
- 1Medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth, lemon grass, chilis and lime leaves to a simmer.
- 2In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often for 30 seconds.
- 3When broth has simmered about 5 minutes, remove lemon grass, chilis and leaves and discard them.
- 4Add the cooked garlic and ginger to the broth. Return broth to a boil.
- 5Stir in chili paste and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms have wilted (about 30-45 seconds). (At this point, you may want to include cooked chicken - shredded or cubed, if desired).
- 6Stir in lime juice and soy sauce.
- 7Remove from heat, ladle into bowls and top each bowl with tomato and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom Yum
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1016.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried kaffir lime leaves