This is my favourite Thai Soup. Everyone seem to like Tom Yum Koong (the seafood one) but i prefer this creamy one...and the heat is flexible...depending on how much you can handle. Recipe from www.10thaidish.athailand.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 slices young galangal (kha on)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, lower portion, cut into 1-in lengths and crushed (ta-khrai)
- 5 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn in half (bai ma-krut)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black chili paste (nam phrik pao)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, torn (bai phak chi)
- 5 green Thai chiles, crushed (phrik khi nu)
- 1Combine half the coconut milk with the galangal, lemon grass, and lime leaves in a large sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- 2Add chicken, fish sauce, and sugar.
- 3Simmer for about 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked, and then add the remaining coconut milk.
- 4Heat just to boiling and turn off the heat.
- 5Place the lime juice and chilli paste in a serving bowl and pour the soup over them.
- 6Garnish with coriander leaves and crushed chillies.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom Kha Kai (chicken Coconut Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1376.8
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 48.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 3723.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 173.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves