1/1 Photo of Tom Kha (Coconut Soup) With Shrimp, Easy
Erin K. Brown's Note:
The easy get-everything-at-the-grocery-store version
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2-3 inches)
- 907.18 g chicken broth
- 2 (793.78 g) can coconut milk
- 236.59-473.18 ml sliced mushrooms
- 50-60 raw shrimp (thawed)
- 4.92-24.64 ml chili oil (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 0.0-59.16 ml fish sauce (optional)
- 177.44 ml jasmine rice, per person
- 1 cheesecloth (10in x 10in piece)
- 1Cook as much Jasmine rice as needed.
- 2Pour the chicken broth into a large pot over medium heat.
- 3Shake the coconut milk thoroughly and add to the pot.
- 4Add sliced mushrooms. (You can add chili oil now or anytime following. The longer it is mixing, the stronger the flavor).
- 5Cut lemon grass into ~1 inch long pieces. Set aside. Thinly slice ginger. Set aside.
- 6Cut a 10in x 10in square of cheesecloth. Place the lemon grass & ginger into the cheesecloth and tie closed. Drop the sachet into the pot.
- 7Let simmer for ~15 minutes (usually the time I use to peel the shrimp and cut them in half).
- 8Add Chili oil if you haven’t already.
- 9Add fish sauce, if desired.
- 10Add shrimp. Cook ~3 minutes more (until shrimp are pink).
- 11Take off the heat, remove the lemon grass/ginger sachet, and add lime juice.
- 12Serve with desired amount of Jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom Kha (Coconut Soup) With Shrimp, Easy
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 392.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: