Flatulus Maximus's Note:
Thai chicken soup with coconut milk
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thiny sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 4 cups water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1Heat peanut oil in a large saucepan over mediu heat. Stir in garlic,ginger, lemon grass, red pepper, ground coriander and cumin and cook until fragrant, about two minutes.
- 2Stir in chicken and onion and bring to boil, stirring until chicken is white and onion translucent, 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in bok choy and cook until it begins to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4stir in water, coconut milk, fish sauce and chopped coriander.
- 5Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and flavours are well blended, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom Ka Gai
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 821.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g