Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are simply delicious. My whole family went nuts over these. These make great gifts to give. Very "gourmet" looking.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature chocolate chips
- Prepare dough by mixing melted butter with brown sugar, then the white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in the soda mixture, flour and salt.
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Chill batter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pack dough half way full in cups of miniature muffin pan.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then pop out.
Very tasty little cookie bites. I especially liked the dark brown sugar in this recipe which added depth to the flavor. My family really enjoyed them - and they felt pampered when I served them on a platter in little dessert papers. Thanks!