From the Nestle Chocolate website. When you need that chocolate fix but want more than just a chocolate chip cookie then these may do the trick. I printed this recipe off in 1999 - and I remember my choco-holic daughter just loving these muffins. Unfortunately time and my unorganized printed out recipe collection has not allowed me to make these in a while but that will all change now.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (a 12-oz package)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I have used walnuts and almonds)
- For muffins: combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in butter, milk and egg just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or lined muffin cups.
- For streusel: combine brown sugar, flour and butter in a small bowl then stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle generously over muffin batter and press down lightly to adhere.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean from center of muffin.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These suckers are FULL of chocolate chips! Dang! And they are fab, of course! Made for a late brunch, they were everything I hope for! I used walnuts, as they were on hand, tho I would definitely try with pecans (my fave!) They have been shared and will be made and shared again! Thank YOU for sharing, HokiesLady!
Very quick to put together! I made 1/2 a batch and they were perfect for an afternoon snack. I used mini chocolate chips and walnuts in the streusel. Will make again! Made for I Recommend Tag.
Simply put, very addicting muffins. Made in the morning as a replacement for a dozen donuts. Each of of had 3. I also used walnuts in the streusel. A fantastic breakfast treat. Made for Almost 5..