Isn't this a terrific name! Yummy for breakfast. Kids love'm. And why not!! They look mighty good with some frosting drizzled over top. Basically these are drop biscuits, as in biscuits and not cookies! I came across the recipe while browsing through some of the older cookbooks in my collection. From Country Kitchen Cookbooks - Baking, 1986.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 400. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Cut in the butter (or margarine) until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Stir in the sugar, optional orange rind and chocolate chips.
- 4Using a fork, mix in the egg and just enough milk to make a moist but stiff mixture. Basically, a biscuit dough.
- 5Use 2 forks. Scoop up some of the mixture with one fork and scrape off onto the baking sheet with the other fork, making small rocky heaps, well-spaced apart. Kind of like drop biscuits. Make 12-14 depending on the size you like.
- 6Bake for 12-15 minutes or until risen and nicely browned. Don't overbake. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toll House Rockies
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g