Recipe by children from A to Z
I haven't made this but it sure looks good. I found this in the Nestle cookbook I have. No ice cream maker necessary. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by amythistle
This is how all chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream ought to taste. The entire ice cream tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough-- not boring vanilla with chunks of dough! I cut this recipe out from the back of a bag of chocolate chips over 20 years ago, but had only made it once when I first found it. I thought it was delicious then, and when I recently made it again my co-workers declared it "scrumptious" and my kids are mad that I haven't been making it all throughout their childhoods! It's super easy to make, too. The hard part is waiting for the ice cream to freeze before you can eat it. We actually ate some half-frozen, and it was amazing that way, too. It made too much to fit in my loaf pan, so we had an extra 1-cup bowl of it besides. My kids don't like the nuts, so we omitted them this time around, but it's yummy either way.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy gauge saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- In blender container, combine eggs, vanilla extract and salt; cover and blend at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually pour in brown sugar mixture; blend at high speed for 1 minute Set aside;.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff.
- Fold in butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into foil-lined 9x5x3 in loaf pan.
- Cover with foil; freeze until firm (several hours or overnight).