Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
As the holidays approach, I am looking for more mixes to make as gifts. I am including the recipe and some suggested uses. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Making the pie
- 2 eggs (& tollhouse pie mix)
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Directions to make the mix:.
- Place flour, sugar and brown sugar in a small bowl and blend with a whisk. Place this mixture in a small heavyweight plastic baggie. Label it "dry ingredients".
- Place chocolate chips in another bag and label it "chocolate packet".
- Attach bags together and give with the instructions for "making tollhouse pie".
- Directions to make the pie:.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add "dry ingredients" from pie mix to eggs. Mix until well blended.
- Add cooled melted butter and mix well.
- Gently stir in "chocolate packet" from pie mix.
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Bake at 325°F for one hour.
- Wonderful as is, or serve with ice cream or whipped cream.