Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A yummy delicious rich pie that tasts like a toll house cookie. I received this recipe about twenty years ago. It was served in a local resturant and the recipe was given to me through a friend. This has often been requested for Birthdays instead of cake.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups melted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (we prefer walnuts or pecans )
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 10 inches
- Beat 3 eggs.
- Add sugars and blend well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add butter and stir.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a 10" unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 40 -45 minutes until golden brown.
- Don't over bake edges will get hard.
I have this chilling in the refrigerator for use tomorrow. I will add stars then. This went together very nicely. I think the instructions could include a bit more detail, regarding beating the eggs first, blending in the next ingredients until smooth, etc. Also, be sure to place a pan on the rack below the one you place the pie on. Mine overflowed and even though we caught it right away and put a pan to catch any remaining drips, it smoked up our whole house! Can't wait to taste this when it sets up more! Made for PAC Fall 08. Thanks for posting! I first reviewed this Oct. 19, 2008, and I can't believe I never came back to give stars! We loved this pie!