- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks, 1/2 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (white)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (12-ounce package)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: PREPARE dough as above. Spread into greased 15"x10" jelly-roll pan. Bake in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (>5,200 feet): INCREASE flour to 2 1/2 cups; add 2 teaspoonfuls water with flour; reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookies for 17 to 19 minutes.
Perfect recipe!! Worked like a charm!! Everyone was eating them as fast as they came out of the oven. Thanks for posting this classic wonderful recipe!!
Classic recipe which always turns out great. However, you might want to update your instructions. I measured out 1 TEASPOON size dough drops and got 4 dozen cookies far from the 120 servings mentioned with the 1 TABLESPOON dough drops as you have directed. Good cookie.
These are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. One problem though-I HARDLY got 40 cookies out of this full recipe let alone the listed 120 servings, so I suspect the nutrition info is off as well.. Other than that one problem excellent recipe! thanks for posting!