Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Graciously given to me by a friend. This is a favorite recipe in his family.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening or 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal, dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Cream together shortening, sugars, eggs and hot water.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, oatmeal and vanilla.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350F until lightly brown.