Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These cupcakes taste like a cookie, looks like a little cake, and has the texture of a brownie. These are awesome! You can drizzle melted chocolate over the cupcakes when cooled if desired.
Top Review by cgbeatty
WOW are these good! I baked mine in a jumbo muffin tin, just like Karen. Next time I'll do a regular cupcake tin, but only so they last longer! Flavor is amazing, and really don't need anything on top. I would also recommend a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 8 muffin tins with paper liners.
- For the batter, cream butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in egg; mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add/fold into creamed ingredients.
- Divide the mixture equally into the paper-lined muffin tins.
- For topping: blend brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon equally over the batter in muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until puffy (they may rise, then fall when baking).
- Cool or chill before serving.