Recipe by iris5555
From Tyler Florence's cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate. He claims this is the best potato salad he's ever made. I made half the amount of dressing indicated and still had plenty.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe on Food Network, and it is really good. I didn't even have any capers, but it still turned out delicious. I estimated what 2 pounds of potatoes might be and probably had more like 3 pounds, and it was still quite well dressed. I added an extra egg and chopped them (I didn't grate them). The only difference in the recipe online is it calls for seasoning with salt and pepper, but not a specific amount--it says to remember the capers and pickle juice are already salty. It also says to drizzle with olive oil. This is heavenly!
- 2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, sliced, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard (I used half as much)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and eggs in saucepan of cold, salted water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon after 12 minutes and let cool.
- Continue cooking potatoes until tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and let them cool.
- Reserve some scallions and capers for garnish.
- Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, pickles with juice, onions, remaining scallions and capers, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl large enough to hold the potatoes.
- Peel the cooled eggs and grate them into the bowl.
- Peel cooled potatoes with a paring knife.
- Cut potatoes into chunks and toss with the dressing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with reserved scallions and capers.