Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from How It All Vegan!
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -4 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb firm tofu
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade by whisking together all the ingredients except the tofu. Set aside.
- Slice the tofu into desired shapes, about 1/4 inch thick (a pound of tofu will give you about 10 slices).
- Lay each slice on a cookie sheet or a lasagna pan, cover with marinade, and let sit in the refrigerate for at least an hour -- the longer, the better. Turn the slices over a few times as they marinate.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning slices over after 30 minutes.
- To serve, fry cutlets on a nonstick frying pan until both sides are browned.
This was really good and a great addition to your Thanksgiving feast! especially good with Vegetarian gravy and cranberry sauce - yum!
it was rubbery, didn't have much flavor, and not what i was expecting - maybe i didn't marinate long enough???
Didn't quite work for me. A little tough and dry. I will try again and see if my taste buds are pursuaded to change the rating. thanks for the thought and direction.