Recipe by Lynne Cooks
I've been reading a couple cookbooks by Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid. Their books are great reads and the recipes I've tried are easy and delicious. This recipe is one of my favorites, which is only slightly modified to used dried ingredients (I swapped ground coriander for fresh cilantro since I didn't have the fresh on hand).
Top Review by lolablitz
This was great! I used a vidalia and it worked fine. The kids weren't really into it and husband didn't think the tofu was flavorful enough, but I loved it. Thanks for the keeper when I'm home alone :)
- 1 lb tomatoes, seeded & cut into 1-inch squares (2 large or 3 medium)
- 1 lb of fresh tofu, drained & cut into 1-inch squares (extra firm works)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat pan. Toss in garlic and scallions and stir-fry briefly, until the garlic starts to change color. Add the tomatoes and stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute. Add the tofu, salt, sugar, soy sauce and coriander. Stir to blend, bring to a boil and cook, stirring briefly once, for 30 seconds.
- Season with pepper or other seasonings to taste and serve hot.