Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Quick and easy if you use a eady made satay sauce, if I have the time I like to make my own too.
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 210 ml water
- 75 g plums, stoned and diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 g smoked tofu, pieces
- 300 g satay sauce
- 300 g soba noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives (to garnish)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the caster sugar, chili and water in a medium sized saucepan and heat gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the plums and cook for approximately 8 minutes over a medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- In another large pan, heat the sesame oil over a moderate heat, add the tofu, and seal on all sides.
- Add the plum mixture to the tofu and cook for a further minute.
- Add the satay sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the noodles and continue to cook, stirring, until heated through.
- To serve - transfer to a heated serving platter and garnish with the chives and spring onions. Serve immediately.