Quick and easy if you use a eady made satay sauce, if I have the time I like to make my own too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 210 ml water
- 75 g plums, stoned and diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 g smoked tofu, pieces
- 300 g satay sauce
- 300 g soba noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives (to garnish)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal to garnish
- 1Place the caster sugar, chili and water in a medium sized saucepan and heat gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Add the plums and cook for approximately 8 minutes over a medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- 3In another large pan, heat the sesame oil over a moderate heat, add the tofu, and seal on all sides.
- 4Add the plum mixture to the tofu and cook for a further minute.
- 5Add the satay sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- 6Add the noodles and continue to cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 7To serve - transfer to a heated serving platter and garnish with the chives and spring onions. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu With Satay Sauce and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: