Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can substitute other vegetables here. The sauce is what makes this recipe interesting.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Mix the water, peanut butter, rice vinegar (or white vinegar), soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut tofu into slices and brown them in the olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, spinach, and sauce to the browned tofu and stir fry for a couple of minutes until mushrooms are spinach are done.
i liked this a lot. i didnt have rice or white vinegar, so i used red wine vinegar, and it came out fine. served over brown jasmine rice.
Oh, this was delicious. I used white vinegar because the only rice vinegar I had included a pesto flavor - why is so hard to find plain rice vinegar? Anyway, I didn't have spinach but did have kale, so I stir fried the kale a bit first then added the rest of the ingredients in Step 3. Everyone loved the dish - even my16 year old junk food junkies. Thanks for posting!