Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish, which can be served as a light entree or side dish, develops real zest from a sauce made with fresh cilantro and ginger root.
- 453.59 g firm tofu
- 14.79 ml salt
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml light brown sugar
- Cut the tofu into 4 thick slices. Place slices in a pot containing 3 cups cold water and the salt. Soak for 30 minutes, then slowly bring it almost to a boil, and cook without boiling for 5 minutes.
- While tofu is heating, prepare the sauce. Heat the canola oil in a skillet and add the ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the cilantro, soy sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 minute over high heat.
- Remove tofu from heat, drain, carefully transfer to a warm serving dish, and spoon sauce over it.
- Suggested serving: Brown rice and steamed veggies.
This dish did not make it. Totally tasteless and the cilantro tasted like soap!