Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Weimar Institute Newstart Lifestyle Cookbook (http://www.weimarmarket.com)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 garlic clove, minched
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb soft tofu, mashed
- 1 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup gluten flour
- Dissolve Vegex (or Chicken Buillion) in hot water.
- Stir in garlic and seasonings.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Add Vegex mixture and mix well (it will be stiff).
- Place in a sprayed 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and bake uncovered at 375 F for 1 hour or until set in the middle. Will hold its shape if turned out on a platter.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
- We like it with baked potatoes and asparagus.