Recipe by CeeCee526
This is the very first recipe I post on this fabulous site. I have been cutting down on my carb intake and came up with this pasta-fee lasagna to help with those pasta cravings. I've served it at work to both tofu lovers and haters. They've all enjoyed it. Hope you do too.
Top Tweak by msmia
This is my new favorite recipe!!! I'm going to make it again & put individual portions in the freezer for taking to work for a really great lunch. I love this recipe!! I confess to a few modifications: the result is a vegetarian, lo-cal delight! (1) I used TVP (texturized vegetable protein) reconstituted w/ mushroom boullion instead of meat & included fennel when I simmered the sauce to give a hint of sausage seasoning. (2) I used a 10 ounce pkg. of frozen spinach & deleted the zuchini altogether. I sauteed the veges w/ Molly McButter & garlic granules instead of fresh garlic & added dried parsley flakes. (3) I used plain, extra firm tofu that I pressed for about an hour to squeeze out the water & make it easier to slice plus it then absorbes the flavors of the dish better (4)I used no-fat cottage cheese pureed in a food processor w/ egg beaters instead of an egg & I added chipotle spice, too (5) I used salt & pepper on each layer of tofu when assembling the dish.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey or 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage, crumbled
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 package firm garlic and onion tofu, drained, sliced very thin
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef or sausage.
- Add jarred sauce and wine to the meat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In separate skillet, saute garlic, onions and rest of veggies in olive oil until soft but not browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- In bowl mix together ricotta cheese and beaten egg.
- Stir in veggie mixture.
- Add enough sauce on bottom of 8x10 pan to just cover.
- Add a layer of tofu slices followed by a layer of veggie mixture and a layer of sauce.
- Repeat until you are out of tofu slices.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 350�°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.