Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and tasty meal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes,sauteed with herbes de provence
- 6 -8 ounces cooked soba noodles or 6 -8 ounces ramen noodles
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil, add garlic then vegetables and cover.
- Cook over high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then lower heat and add orange juice, soy sauce and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- To cold water, add cornstarch and make a paste.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetables to thicken.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer and add red pepper, tofu and noodles.
- Toss well, coating noodles with sauce and serve.