Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this up when a recipe I printed turned out to have mixed up directions and missing amounts. I think it turned out very well so posting it here to be able to find it again. You can add other vegetables to this if you happen to have them; I added broccoli as I had a half of a head that wasn't doing anything at the moment. Prep time is marinating time...
- 453.59 g tofu, drain, press and dice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head bok choy, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 59.16 ml hoisin sauce
- 44.37 ml lime juice or 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 1.23 ml powdered ginger
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil, as needed
- whisk together the hoisin, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger.
- add the diced tofu and stir to coat.
- let marinate at least 30 minutes, tossing to coat every so often.
- heat about a tablespoon or so of oil in a large skillet on med heat.
- with a slotted spoon remove tofu from the marinade.
- save the marinade and add the tofu to the pan.
- stir fry until the tofu is browned
- remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- add more oil if needed to the pan and add the bok choy and bell pepper.
- stir fry until crisp tender.
- add the tofu and the marinade and toss well letting the marinade boil slightly.
- add the green onion and stir together well.
- serve with hot cooked rice or asian type noodles.