Made this up when a recipe I printed turned out to have mixed up directions and missing amounts. I think it turned out very well so posting it here to be able to find it again. You can add other vegetables to this if you happen to have them; I added broccoli as I had a half of a head that wasn't doing anything at the moment. Prep time is marinating time...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tofu, drain, press and dice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head bok choy, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1whisk together the hoisin, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger.
- 2add the diced tofu and stir to coat.
- 3let marinate at least 30 minutes, tossing to coat every so often.
- 4heat about a tablespoon or so of oil in a large skillet on med heat.
- 5with a slotted spoon remove tofu from the marinade.
- 6save the marinade and add the tofu to the pan.
- 7stir fry until the tofu is browned
- 8remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- 9add more oil if needed to the pan and add the bok choy and bell pepper.
- 10stir fry until crisp tender.
- 11add the tofu and the marinade and toss well letting the marinade boil slightly.
- 12add the green onion and stir together well.
- 13serve with hot cooked rice or asian type noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu & Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 658.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g