Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
Start by preparing and cutting all the vegetables and measuring ingredients so they are ready to go. Once you begin stir-frying, it goes very quickly. To prepare tofu, slice into 2 layers, and press out moisture between paper towels.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup half-moon sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 2 portobella mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups sliced baby bok choy
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat, until almost smoking.
- Add the bell pepper and onion, stirring constantly.
- While continuing to stir, add successively the squash, broccoli, mushrooms, tofu, garlic, and teriyaki sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the baby bok choy, bean sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in snow peas and sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles.