Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from Compassion Over Cruelty website. I haven't made it yet, but look forward to at some point. Let me know how it turns out.
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (molasses or maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 6 slices bread
- fresh berries (optional)
- maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients except the bread in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Dip the bread, and cook on a non-stick pan, turning once when the edges begin to brown.
- Serve with fresh berries or maple syrup.
this was good - added some protein to my carb filled breakfast craving. i used one packet of stevia sweetener instead of the maple syrup then used a strawberry syrup i have for the topping, and it came out so good. i'll be making this again.
Wow, we weren't sure how good this would taste (my wife is picky when it comes to breakfast food) but it turned out to be wonderful. Even my youngest, who doesn't like french toast liked it. We will make this a staple of our breakfast repertoire!
I enjoyed this recipe a lot. My hubby won't eat eggs, so this was perfect. We had it with strawberries and maple syrup together. I will make this again