Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Meatless and marvelous sums it up! A combination of tofu, spinach and shitakes and the marinade has a sesame soy sauce! Yum! Adapted from the cookbook Wraps.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and discarded
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 cups firmly packed chopped kale
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, completely drained, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, warm
- 4 flour tortillas (10-11-inch, spinach or whole wheat are good)
- Mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, and minced garlic in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbls. of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to brown and become crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until they become tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes, stirring to brown all sides. Add the kale and sesame/soy mixture and cook until the kale wilts, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gently fold in tofu, mushrooms, and rice. Cook until the mixture is warm and liquid has been completely absorbed. Divide among the tortillas and wrap.