My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, toasted
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/3 cups celery, diced (about 4 stalks)
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sage (may use 1/8)
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon winter savory or 1 teaspoon summer savory
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1/4 cup tamari
- 3 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1Mash tofu or mix well with hands. Be sure that all of the lumps are out.
- 2Line a 12" colander with wet cheesecloth over lapping the sides. Add the mashed tofu to the cloth covered colander, press down and cover with the overlapping sides. Place the whole thing in a large bowl. Cover the cheesecloth with a plate that fits inside the colander and place a 5 pound weight on the plate. Refrigerate and let sit for 2 to 3 hours. When time is up, start the stuffing.
- 3Saute' the onions, celery and mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
- 4When soft, add the garlic and all the rest of the stuffing ingredients, except stuffing, mixing well. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add herb stuffing and mix well.
- 6Remove tofu from refrigerator and take off weight, plate and top of cheesecloth. Hollow out tofu to within 1 inch of the sides and bottom, placing the tofu in a bowl. Place the stuffing inside the shell and pack in firmly. Cover with the remaining tofu and pat down firmly. Turn stuffed tofu onto a greased baking sheet, flat side down.
- 7Gently press on sides of "turkey" to achieve a more oval shape. If desired at this point, you may mold "drumsticks" out of one pound of tofu, and place on each side of the "turkey".
- 8Mix up the basting mixture and baste tofu "turkey" with half of it. Cover the "turkey" with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour.
- 9Remove foil, baste with all the remaining mixture except a few tablespoons and return to oven for 1 hour more, or until the "turkey" is golden.
- 10Remove from oven and use rest of basting mix.
- 11Using at least 2 large spatulas, move to a large plate. Serve with the gravy of your choice, if you wish, and cranberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu "Turkey" with Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (3462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3122.0
- Calories from Fat 2124
- Total Fat 236.0 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9728.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.7 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 212.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing