Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Cooking time is actually the marinating time.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup regular soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the tofu.
- Add the tofu to the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Stir the marinade after 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch casserole or baking pan with aluminum foil.
- With a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the tofu cubes from the marinade and arrange them in the casserole or on the pan.
- Bake until the tofu is firm and toasty brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the tofu cubes to a serving platter.
- Insert a frilly toothpick into each cube of tofu.
- Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Maybe I didn't use firm enough tofu but my attempt came out too mushy. I do really like the marinade though.
Really enjoyed this, will be making again! If you like your tofu firm and evenly browned make sure you space out the tofu on the baking sheet and cook for about 30 mins