Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my recipe. It is my Grandson's favorite Taco, and he is a beef-eater. These are just as good as soft or crisp tacos.
- Drain Tofu and press as dry as possible with paper towels and weights.
- Freeze Tofu for 24 hours.
- Thaw Tofu, grate tofu into shreds.
- Place grated tofu and all ingredeints thru salsa in a wok or teflon skillet.
- Simmer 15 Minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Prepare your taco shells as desired, either soft or crisp. They are really good either way, but we like soft.
- Place about 3T tofu mix on the bottom of each taco shell, then garnish with lettuce, cheese and tomato. Liberally pour on taco sauce, and add salt as desired.
These are actually good! I was out of paprika, so the color of the mixture was kind of pale, but the flavor was good. Used for crispy tacos and wasn't disappointed. Thanks for posting the recipe.
so good...even my boyfriend went back for seconds - highest of praise. i'll be making these often