1/2 Photos of Tofu Taco/Burrito Filling
This is derived and slightly adapted from the "Tofu-chiladas" recipe in "Vegetarian Meals for People on the Go" by Vimala Rodgers. If you're vegetarian, it's a nice alternative to beans in your Mexican food. My husband said I could probably pass it off to meat-eaters as eggs in a breakfast burrito. I would never try to fool anyone, though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Optional for more texture: Freeze tofu overnight. Thaw by boiling for 15 minutes.
- 2Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- 3Add aminos, tomato paste and spices to pan. Stir well.
- 4Squeeze the water out of the tofu with a dishtowel. Crumble it finely into the pan (so that it vaguely has the texture of ground beef). Cook, stirring occasionally, a few minutes or until slightly browned.
- 5Drain most of the liquid off the tomatoes, then add to pan. Stir and cook a few more minutes.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Taco/Burrito Filling
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos