Recipe by Cynna
This is a good vegetarian dish my mother introduced me to. Give it a shot! I find it to be delicious! I like to mix provolone with the mozzarella...good flavor.
Top Review by Angela B.
Excellent! I used zucchini instead of corn (thats all I had) and added some tomatoes to the stir fry. Great directions. Thanks. Be sure to cook the rice as the ingredients call for "uncooked" rice. The recipe clearly states to cook the rice, this isn't a critisism, just pointing it out for those of us that don't always read carefully enough. Again, thanks!
- 4 bell peppers
- 12 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut off top of peppers½” from stem.
- Discard membranes and seeds.
- Chop top and discard stem.
- Parboil pepper bottoms in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain well and stand upright in a shallow baking dish.
- Dice tofu into bite-size pieces.
- Stir-fry tofu, onion, and garlic in skillet.
- Add pepper, parsley, and chopped pepper tops.
- Cook one minute.
- Stir in rice, corn, and cheese.
- Pack into pepper cups.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with extra cheese if desired.