Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich in energy-boosting glutamine, B5, manganese, magnesium and calcium, this is a fast and simple weeknight dinner when you’re tired. Serve over your favourite complex starch – brown rice vermicelli (you only have to soak it in hot tap water for 10-12 minutes!), whole wheat spaghetti, brown Basmati rice or even quinoa.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 4 cups bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 350 g extra firm tofu, drained, dried off and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 284 g bean sprouts (about 2 1/2 cups or 1 bag)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion (about 4)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a deep sauté pan over medium-high temperature.
- Add garlic, ginger, bok choy and mushrooms; stir-fry over medium-high heat until bok choy is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu cubes and sesame oil; cook, browning tofu on all sides, then add the bean sprouts and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, scallions and pepper and heat through.