Recipe by Manda
I created this recipe in my attempt to give tofu another chance. I basically took what I had on hand and added my favorite stir-fry veggies and seasonings...and VOILA!!! Tofu comes to life in this colorful stir-fry. Great served with sticky rice.
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch squares (I used Nasoya)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs bok choy, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, halved if desired
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained (nuggets)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle tofu with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and a shake of garlic powder and black pepper if desired.
- In large skillet or wok, over medium heat, add 1 teaspoons sesame oil and 1/4 cup broth.
- Add half of scallions, half of garlic and cubed tofu.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is heated through and begins to color.
- Remove tofu and broth to bowl and keep warm.
- In skillet, add remaining soy sauce, broth, scallions, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, Mirin, and black pepper and mix until combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and water.
- Stir fry until veggies are crisp tender, about 3-5 minute.
- Mix cornstarch with water in small bowl and add to skillet.
- Add tofu back to skillet and heat through until boiling and sauce is thickened, about 3 minute.