Recipe by Bev. E.
This is a very tasty recipe, great served over brown rice or bulgur. It is a quick meal done in around 30 minutes.
Top Review by BerrySweet
This tastes like what you'd find as "tofu and vegetables in light gravy" on an Americanized Chinese menu. Very good, mild, healthy dish. I also added chopped zucchini and browned the tofu first. Next time I'll add more garlic and red pepper flakes. Will make again, thanks!
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with garlic press
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli florets, cut into uniform pieces
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, tems removed,caps sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, whisk liquid aminos, brown sugar, and cornstarch with 1 cup water; set aside.
- In deep nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper and cook, covered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tofu and green onions and cook uncovered 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the amino mixture to blend and add to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Boil 1 minute.