Bev. E.'s Note:
This is a very tasty recipe, great served over brown rice or bulgur. It is a quick meal done in around 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with garlic press
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli florets, cut into uniform pieces
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, tems removed,caps sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1In small bowl, whisk liquid aminos, brown sugar, and cornstarch with 1 cup water; set aside.
- 2In deep nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 4Add broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper and cook, covered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add tofu and green onions and cook uncovered 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir the amino mixture to blend and add to skillet; heat to boiling.
- 7Boil 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Stir- Fry
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos