Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes good over rice.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly slices
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets or 2 cups Chinese cabbage
- 1 bunch spinach
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashews or 1⁄3 cup almonds
- Heat up a skillet or Wok.
- Bring soy sauce, garlic, ginger & wine to boil.
- Add tofu cubes, cover & simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove tofu & remaining sauce from wok/skillet.
- Heat oil in wok & stir fry vegetables over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce, tofu & cashews.
- Heat & serve.
This was great!! Me and my husband are meat eaters, but did not miss the meat in this dish at all. I did not follow the recipe exactly, and instead of diced red pepper I added some red pepper flakes at the end. Delicious!! Will be making this again. Thanks for a great recipe.
It just amazes me that folks deviate so much that it almost doesn't resemble the original recipe and yet they rate the recipe. Came across one or two in this section from long, long ago and found that to be a fact. I'm puzzled.. I loved this recipe as is, which in my opinion is the way it should be judged
We enjoyed this dish, but it was very soft and lacked that certain something. I plan to try adding more crunchy things next time I make it.