Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One more from "The Whole Soy Cookbook". As there are no binding ingredients, these may fall apart easily. For this reason, using the food processor for quick, thorough mixing is recommended.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 12 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 medium onion, choppped
- 2 scallions, sliced green and white parts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces soy cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the spinach.
- In a food processor bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and process just until the mixutre reaches a uniform consistency and holds together.
- Form into 6 patties and broil for 5 minutes on each side, until slightly brown.
- Top with the cheese during the last minute, if desired.
- Serve immediately, plain or on a bun.