Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) boxsilken firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Crumble tofu and all other ingredients into a food processor and process for several minutes, until smooth.
- Stored in an air-tight container, it will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
- This may separate upon refrigeration and may need to be remixed.
I found this same recipe in Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak and was going to post it until I saw it here. She calls for 1 tbsp of canola oil and sweetner of your choice (I used agave nectar). I also used lite silken tofu. I thought this was great. I really miss sour cream in spicy dishes like burritos, and this really hit the spot. I was not crazy about it just by itself when I tried it with a spoon, but eaten with the dish it was fab. Thanks for posting, I will be using this over and over.
I made this recipe to serve with tooAllergic's Wild Mushroom and Artichoke Potato cake Recipe 163777. I'd never tried vegan sour cream before and it was with some trepidation that I tried this. But Mr B and I both thought this was really good. My only (tiny) criticism would be that Dancer doesn't specify the kind of oil to use. Without thinking I used olive oil and with hindsight I think sunflower oil might have been better. I'll make this again and will no doubt experiment!