Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Since going low carb, I'm always on the look out for something new that isn't going to blow my diet. I used some non-dairy products to lower the cholesterol as well. I did use some Romano cheese instead of the Parmesan. I also added a cut up piece of cooked turkey bacon to my dish. Having found these Shirataki low carb noodles was a God-send. I got the recipe from the back of the Tofu Shirataki package. This product has no cholesterol, sugar or gluten and is Vegan to boot, now I can have my noodles and eat them too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package shirataki noodles (tofu)
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fat free sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Open the bag of tofu noodles and drain, then rinse them thoroughly.
- Microwave for one minute, then dry well. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan and sour cream. Mix well.
- Return to the microwave for one more minute, then mix again. Add salt and pepper and eat!
- Bon Appetit!
These noodles are amazing-if you haven't tried them, you won't believe the taste for a low-carb tofu/yam noodle. In lieu of cream cheese and sour cream, I substitute two tablespoons of Alouette Light Garlic & Herbs Spreadable Cheese. This adds only four grams of fat for the whole big dish and is worth it for me! YUM! I like the idea of adding mushrooms or spinach.
I was totally surprised at how creamy this was for such a small amount of cheese ingredients. A great fake noodle alfredo. I followed the recipe exactly and it is VERY easy to fix. Even though I do use shirataki noodles they have to be really disguised. There is just to much noodle for me to chew on in this dish. I'm going to try adding some spinach with maybe some blended no fat cottage cheese to take away from just having the noodles to eat, and maybe some mushrooms. This is a great base and I really thank you for sharing this recipe. I agree with you, these noodles are a God send for me too. Oh, and I found salt and pepper a must for this recipe.