Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Planet Organic Market Cookbook, "Who ever thought mild-mannered tofu could have such…attitude? Many have tried to crack the code on our savoury peppery snack, and now they’ll become a favourite in your kitchen."
- 1 (375 g) package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F Slice tofu into sticks and toss with remaining ingredients. Allow to marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place tofu on a baking tray and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy hot or cool.
These are good. I made them as written using the soy sauce option. I think I'll try the Bragg's next time. We found the flavor of the soy to be a bit on the strong side.
WOW. Great little treat and pretty easy, too. Lots of flavor. We ate them warm, but I am going to make another batch soon to use chilled on a salad, like croutons.