Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From Weight Watchers: 365-day Menu Cookbook. Just enough for 2 people. Some of cook time is refrigeration time.
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 dash mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown tofu on both sides in heated nonstick skillet. Remove to a dish and let cool.
- In small saucepan combine water with cornstarch; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Add soy sauce, wine, honey, ginger and mustard. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and cook until thickened; let cool.
- Cut tofu into ½-inch pieces. Pour sauce over tofu, cover, and marinate for ½ hr; turn pieces and spoon sauce over other side. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds.