1/1 Photo of Tofu Scramble With Soyrizo
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I was looking for something different and tasty for breakfast but didn't want to eat eggs. So I came up with this recipe. It's very filling but not overly spicy. If you like more heat add some hot sauce to it. This would be really good wrapped in a tortilla served with some salsa on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu (drained)
- 12 ounces vegetarian sausages (I used soyrizo meatless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1Crumble the tofu into large pieces. Remove the soyrizo from its clear wrapper and mix one of the sausages with the tofu. I found one link is plenty here.
- 2Chop up the onion and bell pepper and saute it with the tofu/soyrizo mixture for about 5 minutes. Stir this frequently as it may stick and add a bit more oil if you want.
- 3Warm your tortilla if using and then spread the tofu/soyrizo mixture on the tortilla. Fold up and enjoy.
- 4You can also wrap the tortillas up in tin foil and keep warm, this will soften the tortilla.
- 5Serve with your favorite salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Scramble With Soyrizo
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.8
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1029.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g