Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was looking for something different and tasty for breakfast but didn't want to eat eggs. So I came up with this recipe. It's very filling but not overly spicy. If you like more heat add some hot sauce to it. This would be really good wrapped in a tortilla served with some salsa on the side.
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 sweet bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu (drained)
- 12 ounces vegetarian sausages (I used soyrizo meatless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Crumble the tofu into large pieces. Remove the soyrizo from its clear wrapper and mix one of the sausages with the tofu. I found one link is plenty here.
- Chop up the onion and bell pepper and saute it with the tofu/soyrizo mixture for about 5 minutes. Stir this frequently as it may stick and add a bit more oil if you want.
- Warm your tortilla if using and then spread the tofu/soyrizo mixture on the tortilla. Fold up and enjoy.
- You can also wrap the tortillas up in tin foil and keep warm, this will soften the tortilla.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.
This is so yummy! I don't even put it in a tortilla. (I do cut the nutritional yeast in half thought just because I find it very strong).
Easy, tasty, filling breakfast or anytime meal. I made it sans onion powder and with Field Roast apple sage sausage. I had it on a plate, not in a tortilla, along with a toasted bagel and white tea. Yum! (Make sure to drain the tofu before using.)
This is an easy, lazy Saturday morning breakfast. My whole family enjoys it wrapped in a tortilla with some roasted potatoes. I use Trader Joe's soyrizo which has a nice, spicy flavor. Very good! Thanks for posting.