Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just through this together. My daughter loved it.
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 roma tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped or 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 (14 ounce) package soft tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- Drain the tofu and then wrap with paper towels to remove as much water as possible. Let the tofu stand between the paper towels.
- In saute pan, melt the butter, add the onion, green pepper, tomato and jalapeno. Saute until union is translucent about three minutes.
- Add the tofu and break it up into small bites. Add the turmeric until the tofu turns yellow, you might need more. Saute for a few minutes, getting as much liquid to reduce out. Add the basil and then salt and pepper. Continue to stir for a minute or two.
- Serve with beans and rice.