Carol Bullock's Note:
This is a delicious recipe that I enjoy not only for breakfast, but anytime I'm craving comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh tofu, mashed (waterpacked type, soft or medium)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Ener-G Egg Substitute (dry)
- 1/4 cup soymilk (approx.)
- 8 ounces soy sausage, crumbled or sliced (I like Yves breakfast links)
- 6 ounces soy cheese, sliced or shredded
- salt and pepper
- English muffin, sliced and toasted (if you can find vegan ones, great! I've yet to find them, so I use sourdough toast.)
- 1In a bowl, mix mashed Tofu, nutritional yeast, Ener-G, and soymilk.
- 2Heat 1-Tbs.
- 4Add soy sausage, and sauté until golden.
- 5Add Tofu mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens somewhat, and resembles scrambled eggs.
- 6Add cheeze and stir until mixed/melted.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve piping hot over"buttered" english muffins.
- 9VARIATIONS: Add diced bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, etc.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 522.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute